Frameless Shower Doors FAQs
What are Headers, and why they are needed?
If you plan on hinging/hanging the door of your shower enclosure off of another piece of glass in the enclosure you must do one of the following:
- Add a header for support
- The panel that your frameless shower door hinges off of must go all the way to the ceiling, or tile soffit.
- Add a support bar
- Add a fixed piece of glass above the shower door, this is known as a transom.
- We can and have eliminated the header support system. If you decide to go this route, you must assume all risks that may occur, also any manufactures warranty will be void, the customer must sign a liability waiver.
When should I schedule my free estimate?
- If you have finished your tile in the bathroom remodel. then you are ready to call and schedule your free estimate
- If you have an existing shower enclosure, with existing tile , and do not intend to change or alter your tile, then you are ready.
- If you have not finished your tile, or even started the remodel and you are looking for ideas, we consider this a consultation. consultations are available but are not free. We ask that you at least have a rough drawing with rough sizes of the enclosure you are considering. The tile must be installed completely for us to take precise measurements, if the tile is not finished, we will have to make another trip to take exact measurements.
What is the thickness of the glass for Frameless shower doors?
Frameless Shower doors consist of 3/8″ or 1/2″ thick Tempered Safety glass.
How long does it take to get my Frameless Shower enclosure installed?
It takes from 1 1/2 to 2 weeks from time of measurement to completion of installation. The actual installation can be from 1 to 6 hours depending on the enclosure.
Do frameless shower enclosures come in Standard sizes?
There are no standard sizes, all frameless shower enclosures are custom fabricated to your specific dimensions and need.
What is the height of the U-channel?
The height of the U-channel is 3/4″ tall.
What is the size of the glass clip?
The glass clip is usually 2″ x 2″
What are poly-seals?
With any frameless shower unit there is some residual “splashout”. That is the sacrifice for choosing form over function. While omitting seals does provide a cleaner look, seals will reduce the amount of splashout and the look is still very appealing! Each application is different, so we can advise you of which option will best suit your needs. Seals are standard on all units, and a liability waiver must be signed in the event that you decide to omit them.